International Travel with Pets
Before coming in for your pet’s physical exam for travel, please carefully review our list of items to ensure you are prepared for the visit:
- Examination appointments should be made at maximum 10 days prior to the date of departure.
- Origin & Destination full addresses and contact phone numbers
- Previous medical history (if this will be your pet’s first visit)
- Proof of vaccines with current Rabies certificate, vaccine must be given 21 days prior to travel date if destination country follows the European Union’s regulations for import
- Proof of microchip application and date
- Contact the USDA to find out if any additional paperwork outside of the USDA’s 7001 form will be needed for the destination country. Contact info is listed below for the main offices working with the DC metro area. In many cases, the embassy of the destination country may provide information. Contact info: email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 804‐343‐2567.
- USDA website for more information: Travel With A Pet
USDA Locations Servicing the DC Metro area:
USDA, APHIS, VS
400 N. 8th Street, Ste. 726
Richmond, VA 23219
(804) 343-2567 or (804) 343-2560
USDA, APHIS, VS – Exports
500 New Karner Road
Albany, NY 12205
Capital Pet Movers
Need help arranging travel for your pet?
We know that traveling with your pet can often be a confusing and detailed process, with strict timeframes, procedures and policies depending on where you are relocating.
So whether you are traveling domestically or internationally with your pet, Capital Pet Movers can assist you with your needs and make your relocation easier.
Capital Pet Movers has been relocating pets, of all kinds, since 2001. Capital Pet Movers expanded very quickly and evolved into a regional leader in pet relocation. With their knowledgeable staff, professional certifications & affiliations, Capital Pet Movers provides the industry expertise necessary to successfully complete your pet’s next domestic or international move. Please visit the Capital Pet Movers website for more information.