International Travel with Pets
Before coming in for your pet’s physical exam for travel, please carefully review our list of items to ensure you are prepared for the visit:
- Examination appointments should be made at maximum 10 days prior to the date of departure
- Please send in advance the full destination address and contact phone numbers along with the flight information for the pet
- If this will be your pet’s first visit, please provide previous medical history
- Proof of vaccines with current Rabies certificate are required
- If your pet has recently received the first valid Rabies vaccine it must be a minimum of 21 days prior to the date of arrival in the destination country. Specifically, if the country follows the European Union’s regulations for import
- Proof of microchip application and date
- Always check USDA website for travel information on your specific destination country. Check the Travel With A Pet page for the most current information. This is the best place to find out which specific form(s) will be needed to enter the destination country. Contact information is listed below for the main USDA offices working with the DC metro area if you have specific questions. In many cases, the embassy of the destination country may provide information as well
- Fee Guidelines for Certificate Endorsements for countries that require it. – See Pg. 2 (Fees subject to change when submitting certificates through the VEHCS portal)
Note: Due to the length and complication of these forms, additional business days may be required for completion. Please allow for this extra time when scheduling your visit.
USDA, APHIS, VS
400 N. 8th Street, Ste. 726
Richmond, VA 23219
(804) 343-2567 or (804) 343-2560
USDA, APHIS, VS – Exports
500 New Karner Road
Albany, NY 12205
**When sending your forms to USDA APHIS NY please include a prepaid return envelope (FedEx or UPS recommended) with your submission. Your submission should ALWAYS be the original set of forms. NEVER submit a copy of a certificate for endorsement.
Capital Pet Movers
Need help arranging travel for your pet?
We know that traveling with your pet can often be a confusing and detailed process, with strict timeframes, procedures and policies depending on where you are relocating.
So whether you are traveling domestically or internationally with your pet, Capital Pet Movers can assist you with your needs and make your relocation easier.
Capital Pet Movers has been relocating pets, of all kinds, since 2001. Capital Pet Movers expanded very quickly and evolved into a regional leader in pet relocation. With their knowledgeable staff, professional certifications & affiliations, Capital Pet Movers provides the industry expertise necessary to successfully complete your pet’s next domestic or international move. Please visit the Capital Pet Movers website for more information.